Monday, March 16, 2020

Weekly Update

Good Afternoon,
With school being closed for the next THREE weeks, I want to update parents and students on our "room 30 plan." The students have worked so hard this year, so it is so disheartening to interrupt the "momentum." I am going to provide a variety of suggestions for kids to use/ work on during these next three weeks! At the beginning of next week, I will try to gather some new/ specific ideas for home!  Every day at school they have a MINIMUM of 90 minutes of reading and writing and 90 minutes of math, so don't let the complaints fool you :)!! I am going to be sending students an e-mail as well. They can email me with any questions, ideas, or just to check in! I am home with a fifth grader as well, so I understand what you are going through! :) Stay healthy! Please e-mail me (or have the kids e-mail me) with any questions!

Our Daily Schedule: 

9-10:30- Math
10:30-11:10- Specials 
11:10-11:25- Snack/ break 
11:25-12- Enrichment
12-1-ELA
1-1:40 Recess / Lunch
1:40-2:15- ELA
2:15-3 Science/ Social Studies 

Suggestions: 

  • Pearson Website Math games 
  • Symphony Math 
  • Lexia reading program
  • Typing Game Online
  • Read a fiction novel ( I will be assigning a book project after April Vacation!)
  • Work on any of the papers in the provided "E-Bag"
  • Look at the moon every night and draw what it looks like in a blank calendar (printed or created by them!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment